Be ready to answer these basic questions about your building's construction and systems.
- What is the building address?
- What type of building is it?
- When was it built or last renovated?
- How is the building constructed? (e.g. wood,masonry, steel)
- Is the basement conditioned?
Size + Energy Efficiency
- What is the gross building size (including any basement square footage)?
- How large is the basement?
- How many stories are in the building?
- How many bedrooms are there?
- Does the building have "Green Building" certification? (e.g. LEED)
- What utilities does the occupant pay for?
- What fuel is used for heat?
- What fuel is used for hot water?
- What type of heating system is used (e.g. boiler, furnace)
- What type of cooling system is used? (e.g. window AC, ducted central air)
- What type of hot water system is used? (e.g. stand alone tank, tank off-boiler)
- Is there a laundry room? Are dryers gas or electric?
- Is there a pool?
Got that info? Check out our video on setting up your first building!