How do I add a single-family home?

Last Updated: Jan 22, 2015 09:37AM EST

Once you have selected that you wish to track your energy usage in your home or apartment, WegoWise will ask you for the physical location of the property. Enter the address in the format 123 Pleasant St, Anytown, State and click on Search. Wego will then display possible address matches. Click on the correct one.  


After confirming the correct address, you'll be prompted to answer some questions about your home.  All fields must be completed.  If you don't know the answer to some of the questions, you can select "Finish Later" and a draft of your building will be saved.

Building Characteristics


  • If you home has a basement, include that square footage in the gross home size.  However, if you live in an apartment or condo in a building that has a basement, don't include the basement square footage unless it's part of your unit.  Square footage is one of the most important building characteristics we collect, so try to be accurate!
  • If you're not sure about some of the answers, such as the year built or square footage, the Tax Assessor Database for your town can be an excellent resource.